YogAnalysis (YA) is not a form of yoga. It is a system of half hour Assessments to help each person gain more self-awareness. The information gained in each session is used to develop an individualized Plan of corrective actions, yoga poses and variations that match your current physical condition. This is the YogAnalysis Assessment & Plan (A & P).
Why Assess for Yoga?
- YA teaches you how to “Listen to Your Body”
- There is less trial and error. Fewer aches and injuries
- Your yoga becomes safer, more productive and more enjoyable!
What Is Assessed?
- Flexibility – Every major joint in every direction
- Each of your muscles for balanced strength
- Functional Movement – using Computerized Movement Imaging (CMI) to do 3D Motion Capture, every joint and muscle is measured for sequencing, timing and movement capabilities while doing specific activities. It is the biomechanical “Stess Test” to see how your body puts it all together.
- You learn what each muscle, joint, Range of Motion and healthy movement feels like!
The YogAnalysis Plan
- After each assessment session, we combine your test results with your goals to develop a customized plan of:
- Yoga pose recommendations
- Poses to avoid
- Pose variations
- Corrective Exercises
- Active & passive stretches
Implementing The YA Plan
- Clients may implement their YogAnalysis plan on their own or…
- Work with a YogAnalysis instructor in private 1 on 1 lessons for as long as they wish, to ensure they are doing the recommendations correctly.
For more info click on the YogAnalysis picture below.